The 10,000 app has recieved an update.
I’ve made some improvements to the User Interface, so that buttons will be easier to tell apart from the rest of the UI. There has also been made some modifications to the computer player, so that it will try and score more than you, if you’ve reached 10,000.
I hope you all enjoy it. Go check it out 🙂
I’ve released a new version of the 10,000 – The Dice Game app on Google Play. This release features a few things.
- You can now play against the computer
- German translation
- Better randomness of the dice rolls
The option to play against the computer is something that has been on my mind for quite some time and I’m happy to say that the result is now here. The AI proved to be a bit more challenging to implement than I first thought, but from my time in the computer industry I was hardly surprised. Things are in my opinion never straight forward 😉 Nevertheless I’m quite pleased with the result.
I’ve aimed for the computer to be beatable but not a walkover, relying on a set of simple rules to govern its behaviour. I also tried to make it animated so you can follow the steps it takes when playing and who knows, maybe you’ll even get a new trick or two. I hope you’ll enjoy it!
Happy rolling 🙂
I’ve put a new version of “10,000 – The Dice Game” (there’s a link at the bottom of the post) with a few new things in it.
- Bug Fixed! One of the user, Brian Farmer, took the time to write a review, where he described an error where the game was reset if your screen went to sleep. That bug is now fixed and your game will now live on, while your phone takes a break. Thank you, Brian.
- Danish Translation. I am Danish after all, so why not 😉
As the astute reader may have noticed, the Google Play listing has also been changed a bit. A user, Daniel Der, made me aware the a comma is the correct digit grouping sign. That has also been corrected in the game too. Thank you, Daniel.
That is it for now. I’ll be eagerly awaiting the data on how fast the updates are getting to the users and maybe even make a post about that.
And there’s the link I promised 🙂
I’m bringing you a short update on the state of 10.000, as of version 1.3
The layout for 10″ screens has been improved and I’ve added description of optional rules in the rules section.
Have fun 🙂
Just a few days after the “10.000” app went on Google Play, I’ve added a new version. Well, I actually added two!
Change notes for the two versions are shown here;
Version 1.2 changes
– Improved layout for 7″ screens
– Fixed a graphics error on buttons
Version 1.1 changes
– Fixed a bug for xhdpi devices where background was not being shown
– Added a replay dialog when you finish a game
I also noted more things I want to change in the app, but I can’t promise you that they’ll be ready anytime soon, but consider the following a letter of intent 😉
Amongst these changes are:
– 10″ screen improved layout
– Dialog popup when you can’t lock any dices for points
– Better rules explanations, including the optional rules
– Translations into other languages
– Computer opponent
Hopefully I’ll be able to deliver all this soon 🙂